Saturday, June 25, 2016

Moving office

A lot has happened around the world since my last post.

Fortunately, in my own little world, things have been fairly mundane.

I had been busy cleaning out my old office in preparation for moving into a new space this week. It's amazing how much crap I've accumulated in 10 years. And it's even more amazing how cathartic it has been to toss out a lot of that crap.

My new office is in an adjoining building. The office has been refurbished and it's a little bit fancy. I now have a desk that moves up and down and the lights are hooked up to motion sensors to save energy (so far, it keeps going off no matter how much I'm moving around). My new office is slightly smaller than my last but I think it's also a more functional space (and fortunately it's still big enough to house all the crap I didn't manage to throw out).

The actual building itself is old and crappy. I think it was build in the 60s and has a funky smell. The floors are uneven and you can see the patched up remnants of huge cracks in the walls where the building has shifted. I hope I don't plunge through the floors.

No comments: