Friday, November 4, 2016

Fantastic Friday

I took the day off. I have too much annual leave and am trying to draw it down by Christmas.

I started the day by taking Truffles to the vet for her annual check up.

Our regular vet has left. We really liked the guy, least of all because the first time he ever met Truffles, he was trying so hard to engage with the dog that he was practically licking her face (we figure this guy must really likes animals and should be good at his job).

The vet used to own the practice but he sold his business a couple of years ago to a chain and was unhappy with the way the business was being run. Anyhow, he has now been replaced by a new guy, a South African.

I asked the new vet if he could teach me how to express Truffles' anal glands. He went into a lengthy explanation as to why it is best to have the glands squeezed by a professional. He was pretty convincing so I have decided to leave the task to him.

After I dropped Truffles back in the apartment, I made my way to the Museum to drop off some fish that I had promised the curator (yes, this is how a scientist spends his day off; reinforcing geeky science stereotypes).

Continuing on the fishy theme, I decided to treat myself at my favourite Japanese restaurant and ended up gorging on sashimi.

I was thinking of going to Fed Square afterwards but I heard there has been a gas leak and the whole precinct had to be evacuated so I came home instead.

I think I'm just going to relax for the rest of the day (I'll just ignore the big pile of exam papers sitting on my kitchen table).


2 comments:

Victor said...

Scientists are different! Expressing your dog's anal glands? I can't even begin to imagine it.

Adaptive Radiation said...

Yes...pity the vet wouldn't teach me how.